Facebook has become a household name. But the actual Facebook statistics are what really will amaze you….
- Facebook captures 1 in every 11 internet visits. 9%
- Facebook wins one of every five page views!
- Facebook Average Visit – 20 mins
The term ‘Facebook’ is the most searched term in the US and has been for the past three years, starting the week ending July 18, 2009.
- Facebook Users as of March 31 – 2012: 835 Million
- Facebook Users as of March 31 – 2011: 664 Million
As of Mar 31 2012:
Europe – 200 Million Users
Asia – 195 Million Users
North American – 175 Million Users
South American – 112 Million Users
- 250 million Photos Updated Daily
- 2.7 Billion Likes per Day
425 Million Mobile Facebook Users
57% Female Users
43% Male Users
Effects of Timeline on Brands:
- Brands get 46% more engagement per post.
- Brands get 14% increase in Fan Engagement.
- Brands get 65% increase in Interactive Content Engagement (video and photo)
- 90% of marketers use social media channels for business, with 93% of these rating social tools as “important”
- 43% of marketers have noticed an improvement in sales due to social campaigns
- 91% of experienced social marketers see improved website traffic due to social media campaigns and 79% are generating more quality leads
- The most popular social networking tool for marketing is Facebook – being used by 92%, followed by Twitter (84%), LinkedIn (71%) and blogs (68%)
- 58% of Fortune 500 companies have an active corporate Facebook account, 62% have an active corporate Twitter account
- 53% of small businesses are using social media
- 12% think it’s a must, 24% do it when they have the time and 14% say they don’t know enough about it
- 19% use Facebook, 15% LinkedIn and 4% Twitter
- 7:45:49 = time spent per person per month on Facebook
56% of consumer say that they are more likely recommend a brand after becoming a Facebook fan.
Each week on Facebook more than 3.5 billion pieces of content are shared
On average in one year, we will share 415 pieces of content on Facebook
- Social networking is still the fastest-growing active social media behaviour online, increasing from 36% of global Internet users to 59% managing their profile on a monthly basis by the end of 2011
- 36% of social media users post brand-related content
- There are over one billion facebook posts per day